Save the date!
Parish captains are needed!
If you are interested in being a parish captain for Saint Pius Tenth, please see Mike Mazzochetti, Bill Gustafson, Dan Hilsdorf or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an easy way to to be involved, with a limited time commitment!
For more details on the conference, go to www.exultrochester.org
A Parish Captain is the 1st point of contact for information for your parish. You’ll be expected to disseminate all RCMC information in a variety of ways (see below). You’re not expected to know all the answers, but to respond to all questions in a timely manner. We’d like to have your name and picture on the RCMC web page. We’re trying to get (2) Parish Captains per church (i.e. if a cluster has 3 churches, we’d like 6 ParishCaptains). All the duties are before the conference, you are not expected to work at the conference itself (unless you want to!)
Among your specific duties are:
- Attend a training session in mid-January (date, time & place tbd)
- We hope to do all other communication via e-mail or phone; there are no plans for any other face to face meetings.
- Ensure that the informational postcards are distributed
- Display posters
- Give pulpit announcements on (2) Sundays at all masses (the text for the announcement will be supplied)
- We also recommend that on these Sundays you make yourselves available after every mass for men interested in more details
- Ensure bulletin announcements are placed in time (the schedule and text will be supplied to you)
- A ‘Save the Date’ the announcement
- (7) Conference reminders
- Assist men in registering, as needed. There is an on-line and paper form registration.