Confirmation at St. Pius X
To prepare for a Sacramental Celebration at St. Pius X the candidate needs to have foundational catechesis; which means that the he/she has participated in at least one year of Faith Formation/Youth Ministry or Catholic School the year immediately prior to the year she/he prepares for a sacramental celebration.
The preparation to celebrate Confirmation have “prerequisites” during the two school years before registering to prepare for Confirmation.
Per Diocesan policy is 8th grade the earliest to start the prerequisites.
Some of these “prerequisites” are done separately from the regular catechetical programs that the young person is enrolled in, either in one of our Faith Formation/Youth Ministry Programs or as a student in a Catholic School.
There is a registration fee of $50 for each year of the Confirmation Prerequisite Program.
We waive this fee if you are registered in St. Pius X Faith Formation/Youth Ministry Programs, because the registration fee helps pay for some of the components in the Prerequisite Program.
Signs of Readiness for Confirmation Prerequisites:
- Baptized Roman-Catholic, at least in Eighth (8) Grade
- Celebrating Mass on a weekly basis at St. Pius X Church
- Building the Kingdom of God through Service in both Church and Community
- Growing in understanding of what Catholic Church teaches and beliefs through regular catechetical programs
Prerequisite Program for Confirmation
Come Home for the Sacrament
- Registration for 2017-2018 Year I and Year II
open August 14 – September 10, 2017
Link to Register for YEAR 1 Confirmation Prerequisite Program 2017-2019
Link to Register for YEAR 2 Confirmation Prerequisite Program 2016-2018
- Candidate and Parent Information Night Planned for
- Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 6 pm in the Gym
- Family Meetings with Parish Staff happen twice per year, in October and during Lent.
- Growing in faith through primary faith resource – Sunday Youth Nite, Catholic School, Family Faith or Home School.
- Parent – Youth Enrichment gatherings Nov, Jan and Mar.
- Planning and completing service opportunities with home parish.
- Home parish retreat experience at least once per year.
- Connecting with peer community at St. Pius X
by worshiping on a weekly basis at St. Pius X Church.
After fulfilling the prerequisites in the proximate preparation a young person may enroll in the Immediate Preparation to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation.
There is a $40 registration fee for the Immediate Preparation for Confirmation.
Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation is preliminary planned for the second week in May, 2018.
More details to follow about dates for Immediate Preparation for Confirmation.
For more information, please contact Johan Engström at (585) 247-2566 x112
Are you an adult looking to become a confirmed member in the Catholic Church?
Join our RCIA (Rites of Christian Initiation for Adults) process.
All adults interested in being confirmed are welcome to attend.